The mentor is to perform as a godfather or godmother. “Mentoring” is a method that always requires interaction and is relationship-based. Mentorship expertise and relationship construction influence the “amount of psychosocial support, career guidance, role modeling, and communication that occurs in the mentoring relationships in which the protégés and mentors engaged.”
- Finding the right mentor is not really a secret to success it is obvious as it is essential. Learning from someone older, wiser, and more experience is an invaluable business opportunity, whether you have just started.
- Define what do you want out of career and what you need to learn to get there. Approach a mentor relationship as if it is a business friendship- be casual and friendly and try not to ask weird questions like will you be my mentor
- Start with your own professional network we often already have mentors who provide advice in various ways.
- The first step to find a mentor is defining what do you want out of your Start-up. This may not mean planning out of your whole career- it is essential to leave room to go where things take you, but defining what you want in the short term can give you a clear path forward.
What qualities does a good mentor has?
- A great mentor is someone whose qualities make up a much better version of who you envision yourself to become. At the most basic level, your mentor should have more experience than you and a track record of success.
Finding the right mentor is not really a secret to success – it’s as obvious as it is essential. We slip into the day-to-day routine of working life. It’s easy to get lost in the moment. Our problems are 6 inches from our face, and a mentor can be the person to reset things so we can look at our careers and growth from a new perspective.