There are some famous saying which fit right on startups – “Survival of the fittest” and “A smooth sea never makes good sailors.” It implies that you can only make your startup survive if you are the best in the market, and without facing challenges, you don’t know how to make the startup work.
Do you know the majority of startups fail every year? The world of a startup is violent and unpredictable. That’s why startup struggles.
We are going to discuss the common challenges faced by startups and their solution. Let’s talk them one by one:
Let’s get straight to it: Yes, you need the money, and it is one of the most common challenges. To keep your startup running, you need to hire staff, get office space, marketing, and more. For all that, you need money. As a leader, it’s your job to manage cash flow. So, plan it all out before you start.
- Take help from a reputed financial consultancy firm.
- Reach startup incubators.
- Use tools like Silo.co and CapLinked, here you can find and collaborate with investors.
Competitors are the second most common challenge in the way of startups. The corporate world is quite brutal and competitive. To survive here, you need to fight back. There are so many well-established companies, so it becomes a little tough for startups to survive.
- Get into the shoes of the customer.
- Find out what makes your product or service special?
- Keep an eye on competitors and learn from them.
3. Customer Trust
Customer is the king of the market. Winning their trust is one of the most important challenges that a new business faces. A highly satisfied and loyal customer allows a startup to scale and make progress towards excellence. A positive word of mouth from a satisfied customer can give you an edge against all competitors.
- Get regular feedback from customer and work on them
- Make customer-friendly policy
- Take help of customer service center to improve customer satisfaction
4. Hire the Right
As you enter the initial stage of a startup, you need people who are full of talent and can-do multiple work. You need people who are not with you just for business to survive but to make it grow together. Hiring the right talent from the pool of candidates is quite challenging.
- Prepare a checklist to hire candidate
- LinkedIn is one of the best tools you can use to connect with eligible candidates
- Consider hiring freelancer also
5. Time Management
In a startup, you have a thousand things in the to-do list but only 24 hours, which is not enough. You have to take care of client calls, meetings, and millions of decisions to be made. Thus, it would help if you learned how to give your time and energy on the most impactful things.
- Learn to prioritize task in order of their importance.
- Give a deadline to each task.
- Minimize distraction.